This qualification will let you teach aqua or water based classes. As with all our courses, we only employ experienced tutors who work exclusively with our team only. We aim to make your learbubg a very unique experience, where you will not only learn what you need for the qualifications, but you will also learn from their decades of actual hands-on experience.
Over the 2 days and via the online learning, you will cover the following key areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Key aqua exercise moves and exercises
- Planning Water based exercise classes
- Delivering water based classes
- Setting up your own classes and finding work
AIQ Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Aqua)
Students must be over 16 years of age. There are no other entry requirements.
You will be supported throughout the course by your dedicated educational supervisor.
You will also have support from your course tutor and the whole core team and other students via our exclusive private facebook group. The online learning will also serve to support you.
Our educational supervisors are passionate and friendly and you will find yourself more than likely keeping in touch with most of the core team! On completion of your course we have a dedicated graduate forum to support you as your develop your career.
In this short module we discuss how to get the most out of the course and what you need to do!
Here you will learn all the key anatomy and physiology you need to be a fitness instructor. Our team of doctors teach you this challenging area in an easy to learn fashion! The module is split into the following smaller lessons:
- Heart and Lungs
- Nervous System
- Bones and Joints
- Energy Systems
This module looks at what happens to the body when we exercise. It is broken down into the following areas:
- Physical Inactivity
- Cardiovascular Fitness
- Muscular Strength and Endurance
- Motor Fitness
- Nutrition for Exercise and Health
In this module we look at the key health and safety laws you are expected to know and adhere to. We also look at risk assessments and everything else you need to successfully work in the industry.
In this important module we discuss the science behind retaining clients, getting new clients and communication skills and communication models. This aspect makes our course very unique and our students arguable more successful!
In this module you will understand:
- how to collect participant information and how to use it to plan your session
- how to plan an Aqua Class * how to use music to enhance your Aqua Class
- the particular features of the pool environment that affect session planning
In this module you will be able to:
- understand the principles of instructing an Aqua Class
- prepare participants for an Aqua Class
- instruct an Aqua Class
- self-reflect on your session