This course is designed, written and delivered by a team of sports scientists, academics, specialist instructors, educationalists and experienced personal trainers.
Students work through each of the units in the qualification as e-learning. This is done through a variety of interactive videos, podcasts, resources, extra reading material and webinars. Students can work at their own pace and have their educational supervisor for constant support throughout.
There are two written assessments and one practical assessment to complete the course. The written assessments can be taken remotely and we will guide you through the process. The practical assessment will take place in a gym setting and we will liaise with you to find a suitable date for this to take place.
By the end of this course you will be equipped with all the knowledge and skills that are required to be a Personal Trainer.
Key things you will learn on the course:
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety, relevant laws and welfare with regards to personal training
- Planning and designing programmes and schemes of exercise for a range of clients
- Principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Understanding and implementing a range of fitness assessments
- Understanding and implementing a wide range of exercises, fixed resistance, free weights, CV and much more
- Communicating and motivating clients
- Principles of selling personal training
- Marketing and business plans to help your business succeed
- How to use technology to improve your personal training sessions and client motivation
- Adaptations of programmes and exercises including for special populations such as pregnant women, the elderly and those with health conditions
- Writing your CV and the skills to performing well at the interview to secure your dream job!
L3 Diploma in Personal Training
You must have completed your Level 2 Fitness instructor. If you have not completed this qualification, you can book the two together to save 5%
You will be supported throughout the course by your dedicated educational supervisor and our admin team. You will also have support from your course tutor and the whole CORE team, as well as past students, through our exclusive private Facebook group.
Our educational supervisors are passionare and friendly, and you will find yourself more than likely keeping in touch with most of the CORE team! On completion of your course we have a dedicated graduate group to support you as you develop your career.
In this short module we discuss how to get the most out of the course and what you need to do!
Here you will learn all the key anatomy and physiology you need to be a Personal Trainer. Our team of doctors teach you this challenging area in an easy to learn fashion! The module is split into the following smaller lessons:
- Heart and Lungs
- Nervous System
- Bones and Joints
- Energy Systems
- Core Stability
In this module you will learn about nutrition and how to apply the principles of nutrition to physical activity.
You will learn:
- How to find credible courses of information about nutrition for exercise and health
- Common nutritional terms related to exercise and health
- The nutrients required to maintain health
- How nutrients from food are used to fuel and recover from physical activity
- How to estimate daily energy and nutrient requirements for clients with different goals
- The risks of poor nutritional and lifestyle practices
- The nutritional considerations for specific client groups include pre and post-natal women, older adults and some specified medical conditions
- How to analyse clients' dietary habits and identify areas for improvement
In this module you will learn about some commonly occurring medical conditions and how to train clients with those conditions.
- Understand how lifestyle factors affect a client's health and wellbeing
- Understand commonly occurring medical conditions and how they may impact a client's lifestyle
- Learn how to risk stratify and when to refer clients with common medical conditions
In this module you will learn how to motivate and encourage your clients to change their behaviours.
You will learn:
- The importance of communication skills
- How to effectively communicate, engage and build rapport with clients
- How to support clients in making lifestyle behaviour changes
- How to create a positive atmosphere to motivate and empower clients to meet their goals
- How to collect and interpret health screening and fitness assessment data
- How technology can help clients increase their activity levels and how to help them stay motivated and focused
- How to complete a client interview effectively and assess their readiness to change their behaviour
- Goal setting and action planning
In this module you will learn about the principles of safe and effective personal training programme design, periodisation and how to use this effectively to meet client goals and needs.
You will learn:
- How to use alternative environments in your personal training sessions
- How to plan and deliver group personal training sessions
- The scope and professional boundaries of training pre and post-natal women and older adults
- How to design safe and effective personal training programmes and session plans
- How to instruct safe and effective exercise technique and monitor a client during a session
- How to motivate and encourage a client and how to assess their progress and satisfaction
- How to monitor your client's progress and adapt their programme accordingly
You will learn:
- The legal and professional requirements for personal training and health and safety in the workplace
- The legal requirements of being self-employed
- How the Data Protection Act affects you and the importance of managing personal information and records
- How to market yourself and sell yourself as a personal trainer
- How to manage budgets and finances
- How to continue your training with CPD
- How to create and develop a business with your qualification
This qualification is assessed by:
- Coursework and Case Study
- 2 x Multiple choice theory paper assessment
- Practical examination