Written and delivered by Sam Bacon (MSc, BSc, CSCS, FRCms)
- Study from the comfort of your own home at your own pace
- Evidence based course incorporating academic papers and further reading
- Learn the principles that underpin effective programming
- Learn how to adapt your programming for specific training phases
- Understand how to interpret research and apply it to real world scenarios
Tutor, Sam Bacon, has an MSc in Strength and Conditioning and a BSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Science alongside numerous vocational qualifications including NSCA and British Weightlifting.
This CPD course will give you an overview of periodisation and programming for sports performance. By the end of the course you will understand the principles that underpin effective programming, be able to perform a critical needs analysis, have the ability to apply scientific principles to a training programme design and understand how to adapt training variables to meet the demands of specific training phases. In this course you will also look at adopting a critical evidence-based approach to athlete development and understanding the real-world application of programming.
At the end of the course you will receive a certificate, signed by Sam Bacon, as evidence of your CPD.