This course is designed, written and delivered by a team of sports scientists, academics, specialist instructors, educationalists and experienced personal trainers.
All students study the anatomy, physiology and other theory modules as E-learning. This is done through a variety of interactive videos and resources. Students work at their own pace and have their educational supervisors for constant support throughout.
Students are then expected to attend 3 weekends of face to face teaching.
The weekends will be used to consolidate the learning from e learning and focuses mainly on the practical aspects of the course.
As well as the ongoing assessments and coursework, there will be an assessment day on which the written paper and practical assessment will be undertaken.
By the end of the course you will be equipped with all the knowledge and skills that is required to be a Personal Trainer.
Key things you will learn on the course:
- Advanced anatomy and physiology
- Health and safety, relevant laws and welfare with regards to personal training
- Planning and designing programmes and schemes of exercise for a range of clients
- Principles of nutrition and physical activity
- Understanding and implementing a range of fitness assessments
- Understanding and implementing a wide range of exercises, fixed resistance, free weights, CV and much much more
- Communicating and motivating clients
- Principles of selling personal training
- Adaptations of programs and exercises
- Writing your CV, and the skills to performing well at the interview to secure your dream job!
Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
You must have completed your level 2 fitness instructor (hyperlink). If you have not completed this qualification- you can book the two together (link to career package)
REPs 20 Points and Active IQ
You will be supported throughout the course by your dedicated educational supervisor.
You will also have support from your course tutor and the whole core team and other students via our exclusive private facebook group. The online learning will also serve to support you.
Our educational supervisors are passionate and friendly and you will find yourself more than likely keeping in touch with most of the core team! On Completion of your course we have a dedicated graduate forum to support you as your develop your career.