- Nationally recognised qualification
- Learn from our experienced team of doctors and public health specialists
- Course is open to anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and awareness of mental health
- Active IQ Accredited qualification
- Weekend courses to work around your life
The purpose of the Mental Health First Aid course is to provide learners with an understanding and awareness of mental health and common mental health disorders and issues. The course helps to reduce stigma and discrimination and encourages people to talk about mental health. Furthermore, the qualification should provide learners with the ability to apply their knowledge of mental health through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in themselves and others, and be able to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.