- Study from the comfort of your own home at your own pace
- Evidence based course with extra reading
- Learn the theory of muscle physiology to inform your programming decisions
- Learn how skeletal muscle adapts and responds to chronic and acute exercise
- 1 hour CPD course to build on existing PT knowledge
Tutor, Jordan Curry, has an MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology and a BSc in Sport and Exercise Science and teaches at College and University level.
This CPD course will give you an overview of muscle physiology. By the end of the course you will be able to understand the structure of skeletal muscle; understand the process of the proposed sliding filament theory, the structure of a sarcomere and why calcium is vital in skeletal muscle contraction; understand the types of adaptations that can occur in skeletal muscle due to chronic exercise; and understand the responses that can occur to skeletal muscle due to acute exercise.
At the end of the course you will receive access to a certificate which you can download and print as evidence of your CPD.